What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, March 2, 2009

No laughing matter

After 5 miserable days, the plastic stents were pulled from my nose this morning. Oh my gosh, the difference that made. My husband was a saint, being so sweet to me these past few days as I whined and downright cried at how uncomfortable I felt. He was so encouraging and definitely pulled me through - couldn't have made it through this without you baby!

My eyes definitely welled up with tears when the doctor pulled out the tubes - holy $%&T was that a strange feeling. I mentioned 'nose orgasm' previously - a very fitting description actually. It felt weird to try and breathe in through my nose and I really have to think about it doing it consciously. I will be numb for another 6-8 weeks in my nose, at the tip and base of it as well as my upper lip and gum. I can definitely tell that more air is entering my lungs when I breathe through my nose and I really think this surgery was a success. Hopefully, the runny nose that I constantly had will also be a thing of the past! My nostrils are also almost even and so I will no longer be embarrassed to stand over someone. Of course, you can still see right up to my brain but I am totally ok with that! It does feel awkward and still somewhat uncomfortable to smile or laugh so I am avoiding conversations with anyone funny. You know who you are. DON'T CALL ME!

I can beging 'lightly' working out on Saturday - 30 minutes on a treadmill or trainer with my HR no higher than 140. A week from this Wednesday - I can return to full activity. For now, my only 'exercise' is walking the dogs and I will do it gladly as it's going to be in the 70s all week!

2 comments:

Michaelson Family said...

Kristina!!!
OUCH! Hope you feel better soon. I can't even imagine what that would feel like.
Love ya!!!

Jessica said...

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't laugh....that would be a bad scene. Heal up, you look fabulous. You'll be back before you know it.