What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring 2009 Blizzard

So, today's blizzard threw my workout for a tailspin. The intenion was to run 14 miles after work but with almost 12" falling by noon, I left work in a scramble. After 2h10m on the road, managed to get home in one piece. It's a long 19 miles in a snow storm!

Rather than try to drive to the gym and get stuck in the roads for a dreadmill run, I opted for Saturday's long ride of 41 miles on the trainer. BO-RING. I have done farther though and typically have to mentally prepare for these rides but today I had no choice. You see, when you commit to Ironman training, there really are NO excuses. You have to either be sick (like dying sick) or actually dying to miss a scheduled workout. Or seriously injured. It's crazy, I know. That's the appeal to Ironman! The committment is so intense, I can't even describe it.

2 hours and 45 minutes later, finished. Thank goodness. and just in time for Grey's Anatomy. Yay!

No comments: