What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

3+ hour run

Today's run was not at all like Sunday's. It was warm out (upper 70s), windy and my legs were tiiiiiiiiiiiiired. Plus I had to work a full day. I wasn't fully recovered and it showed. My heart rate was sky high from the start. I immediately knew it would be challenging, both physically and mentally and as always, I was prepared for that. All I could think about was how fortunate I was to have my health and the ability to set out on a long run just because "I could." The intention was to run 18 miles but I ran the same route as Sunday (17.3) and could not bring myself to do the extra .7 miles. Screw it. I was about 23 minutes slower too. I was cooked...my legs were charbroiled to a crisp. Stretched for 35 minutes afterwards and am ready for bed. Need to get some rest for tomorrow's endurance swim.

No comments: