What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friday/Saturday

With our company observing the Good Friday holiday, I finally had a day off from work yesterday. ahhhhhh...Much needed as it's been so busy and I was silly happy to have a short week at the office. Spent the day running errands, cleaning out bedrooms and a measley 1:20 on the trainer. Total dullsville but it's just more time in the saddle.

Today, Mike and I drove out to Boulder to meet the Average Skirt for a 9 mile run. She was finishing up her brick when we got there and all smiles (as usual.) Headed out to run a trail by her house. It was a gorgeous day, perfect weather for running and we had fun just chatting and catching up - it really made the time fly by and I think we're all going to try to get together for a workout once a week.

I am in desperate need of new running shoes. A task that needs to be tended to immediately before the marathon (3 weeks away). One workout down and one to go.

Around 5pm, I headed to the pool for a 1900 meter tempo swim. The windows face west and so with the sun's position in the sky, it hit the water so delicately and it was so beautiful. I imagined swimming in the ocean at sunset - it was so relaxing. I had a terrific swim and have officially ditched the pull buoy except for warm-up. I imagine that will end soon as well. I have specific things I am very focused on right now - body rotation without breaking at the hip, kicking (YES, me. KICKING! haha) and 90 degree catch using my chest to help with the snap back. It keeps me busy in in the water and gives me plenty to think about. I finished in just under 50 minutes. Wow. Fast for this pokey swimmer.

No comments: