What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Indoor training day

Mother nature hasn't been exactly kind since Spring was officially announced and so today was another day indoors. As are many of you, I am really quite anxious to start training outside on a more consistent basis. There's only so much tv one can watch.

I started off on the trainer with a 2 hour ride. I did 20 minutes of Armstrong Intervals (30 seconds out of the saddle, 30 seconds back in at high intensity) and that really got my HR up. I was able to maintain a higher cadence and work up a really good sweat while keeping my HR in z2 - a feat not that easy for riding in the basement.

Made an outfit change, grabbed my gear and headed to the gym to finish my brick - a 6 mile run. It was pretty icy out and the winds were ridiculous so there was no way I was running outside. Had an incredible run that consisted of some z2, 4 z5 100m sprints and 12 200m hill repeats. My 12th hill repeat was at 7% grade at 7.1 mph. I know I looked like silly but I didn't care. My legs felt strong and as I mentioned in yesterday's swim post, I want to be meticulous in following the plan. Who knows what could happen if I do?!

Stretched out on the foam roller and a leg stretch machine before heading to the pool for an 1150 meter drill swim. Took it nice and easy and was definitely fatigued after today's 3 1/2 hour workout. I love these kinds of days. Tonight we're heading over to our friend's house - The Dickerson's who are also training for IMMOO. It's going to be a fun and healthy food night. We'll also be tracking Tim DeBoom as he returns to racing at IM Australia. He's tough and in the lead pack right now - all of Colorado is cheering for him!

No comments: