What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Race Week

I love race week. Well, most of the time. I feel like I have really worked hard these past 2 weeks so I am ready for stabilizer, which just happens to fall during race week this time around. I have been incorporating stretching into my daily routine so race week allows me more time to do that. I am determined to have a better racing season!

Yesterday, I had a nice 3 mile endurance run. It almost made me chuckle because, for me, 3 miles is not endurance at all. It’s a warm up. Actually, the warm up to my warm-up. However, it IS race week and the point is to get my legs rested and fresh for the marathon Sunday. Met Mike at the gym and we battled it out on the treadmills with 3x1 minute z3 repeats. It was a light and fun workout, followed by some weight training.

This morning, I woke up early and rode 18 miles OD on the trainer. I love starting off the day feeling fresh and alive. After work, I headed to the pool for an 1100 meter drill swim. I was so excited to get back in the water and see how much of Sunday’s training with Eney would translate over. ALL of it did. I had the best swim of my life. I even made a girlfriend who just happened to be at the pool watch me for a 50 to see if she could tell the difference. She was amazed and I felt so proud of myself – I felt like a 5 year old showing off. I just couldn’t help myself. I didn't care...and I even breathed bi-laterally!!! Can I get a woot-woot from the G’s? I felt more relaxed and powerful than I ever have before. I have found a confidence in the water that has been long overdue. This is going to be an exciting season.

No comments: