What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rest/Ride/Swim

Monday- I love rest days - I know it's early yet in the season, but I have been working my butt off so not only was I looking forward to a rest day, I was waiting impatiently for stabilizer!

Tuesday - met up with fellow HEPster Amy D. who is training for IMMOO as well as her husband Christian. It's their first Ironman and I am so excited for them!! Amy and I had a great, low-key ride - it was nice to get some one on one time and really talk about who we are and what we are doing. We had fantastic weather and got home as the sun was setting.

Wednesday - Went to the pool tonight for a 1700 meter swim and somehow got suckered into joining the masters class. It's kind of a 'training-wheels' version of a typical masters class - preparing us for the masters that Jess and BJ go to in Boulder. One day, not too far in the future I will join them. I feel incredible in the water - strong and balanced, calm and relaxed. Screw the pullbuoy. To hell with the zoomers. Use the strong body God gave you. This is my new motto. I am beginning to feel fearless and that is ALL the battle. There may be a strong possibility come September that I can produce a sub 1:25 IM swim. I know it's early yet but what's the point in having a dream unless it's big...right?!?! DREAM BIG!

No comments: