What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

tempo ride

I had an incredible tempo ride tonight. 27 miles. Felt good to be outside - love daylight savings. Had a really fun moment too (this happens often to me on the bike) - was in a roundabout getting some gatorade, taking the turn slow, only to have a roadie pass me. He was probably in his late 30s (ok, ok, MY AGE) and it was somewhat obvious that he felt he was the kind of rider that would definitely pass a chick on a pink bike. It didn't take much after he casually sat up, hands off the bars and stretched, with his arms fully extended upwards for me to get serious and kick it into gear. With very little subtlety, I got serious, passed him going up the hill with the obligatory right hand off the bar wave. I saw high z4 and almost z5 with some crazy high cadence on rollers. I thought I was going to puke up my lung. Got about 1 1/2 miles out and turned around - only to eventually pass the man who got 'chick'd.' He gave me a very respectful wave and I smiled the rest of the way home, only to be able to do it one more time in Vista Ridge- to a nice older guy with a great sense of humor.

No comments: