What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

8 mile run, 1350 drill swim


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!!

Woke up nice and early *again, thanks Will!* She can't seem to sleep past 6am. Ate breakfast, had my yummy morning coffee and headed out for my 8 mile run around 8:15am. I have been so lax on the weekends about getting out early for my workouts. I know once summer is officially here, there will be a lot of heading out the door before 7am workouts for me. Mike tends to head out on the later side but I really love to beat the heat.

Had a great run. Legs felt solid, not too fatigued. My time was not earth shattering but considering I ran 26.2 miles seven days ago and all that I did this week, I felt damned good. It was a cool, misty spring morning. Great running weather.

Mike and I headed to the pool in the early afternoon. He had his longer tempo swim and I had my sweet and short drill swim. Felt strong - could really feel my back muscles which is a good sign that I am adapting to Eney Jones' swim technique. We had to reschedule with her and will be seeing her next week (hopefully!)

Tomorrow I am really going to enjoy my much needed REST day!

No comments: