What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The rest of race week


I have been in a funk this week - really feeling the blues. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of training to do because I had no motivation. I have an idea of what's going on, there are quite a few contributing factors really, so I am hoping that I can get it together for the race tomorrow. Had a nice massage this morning - more of a flush that should help my body relax. Some quality time with my husband and friends up in Ft Collins will definitely help my mind tonight.

Ironman training is not only hard on your body but it's hard on your mind. It's time consuming, beyond anything you can imagine and there are times that I feel guilty for not getting something done, or visiting with friends etc. But it's my choice and I have to come to peace with it because I do love Ironman so much. It's very different the second time around because I know what to expect and I think that's part of the issue. I have spent a lot of time training indoors too lately and I think that has contributed to my current state of "the blues." Maybe I am just ready for summer...

No comments: