What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Worn out

So, I am starting to feel cruddy again. Saw the doctor and I have a bacterial infection - typically, people with asthma tend to get infections more once the cold strikes or some crap like that. I had this really bad last year for almost 6 weeks. Hoping this isn't another repeat. I just want to be able to breathe, smell and taste again.

Woke up before work and managed to finish a 7 mile tempo run. Was supposed to be 8.5 but at this point, I'll take anything. I felt ok and was able to maintain a z3 pace for awhile.

After work, headed to the pool for my tempo swim. I was really feeling worn down and had to compete for a lane because the "masters" program was going on at the same time. I definitely will use the term "masters" lightly in this case. Grinded away and actually completed the entire workout that the Coach gave me - 2500 meters. I definitely love swimming over-distance this year as our plan is in yards. I feel like I am getting stronger each time I get in the water. My confidence is building, and that is huge. I can't wait to see how it translates to the open water...

No comments: