What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, June 5, 2009

Schedule

With the hectic life of Ironman training (doubled by the fact that my husband is doing it too), I can't actually remember what I did 90 seconds ago, let alone earlier in the week. I rely on the training schedule that sits prominently on the fridge, with big fat X's through each completed workout and scribbled times next to them and all sorts of arrows indicating changes etc. If I have to make plans with friends, I refer to same said schedule. Unfortunately, for 26 weeks (well, 32 this year) I will live and die and be social (if at all possible) by that schedule. Sometimes, it's a demon, other times, it reminds me of how incredibly strong and focused I am. Most of the time, it just lets me see how insane my life really is. and insanely rewarding.
Wednesday : Mike and I had a nice 25 mile OD ride.

Thursday: Was supposed to run 15 miles before work but couldn't get my butt out of bed so it was an after work event. Took about 2 1/2 hours but it was a good, solid run and my final 'big' one before the marathon.

Friday: Crappy weather so I rode the trainer for 23 miles and watched a crap load of Oprah, which in and of itself was kind of crappy.

Tomorrow: 50/10 brick

1 comment:

Go.2.Belle said...

what's your schedule in late July? I need to pencil something in.