What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, July 31, 2009

65/15

I love having Fridays off from work. Don't get me wrong, it's not as if I actually take the day off from anything but I really do appreciate the shorter work week so I can do what I like to do on Fridays. With the impending arrival of the Covarrubias clan this evening, I awoke at 5:30am to get a jump start on the day's fun festivities - a 65 mile ride and a 15 mile run aka THE BIG BRICK! The weather was perfect as I headed out the door at 6:45am. It was a 180 from yesterday's 55 and rainy.

Headed out to Boulder - the usual route to Lookout Road to 63rd then to Nelson over to hw 36 up to St Vrain and back. Caught some tailwind, had some headwind and overall had a great ride! 3:48 and change - averaging 17.1mph. Making huge strides on the bike. I keep my computer set to time and mph so I can monitor my speed while keeping the cadence high. It all seems to be working.

Changed into my running clothes, iPod in tow and made my way out for the run. Legs felt great. Slow and dead of course but no aches pains etc. I have been having serious issues though with tingling and numbing of my left foot for the first 5 miles or so of all my runs. Very annoying and not sure how it's going to get resolved but I'll work through it, I have to - there's no other choice. My little paws need some loving that, that's for certain!

It heated up some and then a nice big cloud cover rolled in. Not sure what my actual run time was, forgot to restart my watch and even with some walking, I think I ran somewhere around 2:40-2:45 or so. Very pleased with that. I couldn't ask for more from my body.

Now, the fun begins with my old HS pal Dana, H, lil H and lil Mayan. It's going to be a fun weekend catching up and forgetting about triathlon for awhile.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on the big brick - what an awesome accomplishment. I hope you had an awesome rest of the weekend too!