What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

8.5 mile run

Ohmygosh, yesterday's rest day was a blessing! I just love Mondays for that reason!

Tonight, ran 8 1/2 miles after work. No frills. No speed. Just working through the kinks, slow and steady. It was hot but I had a good run. Spent the entire time thinking about Ironman. Choked up a little too. I am getting to that point. C R I P E S! I am so excited about it I can't even stand it. A year ago, I was probably sick to my stomach thinking about it. Gosh I love growth and progress!

The run went by quick though...Funny how this distance is short to me at this point in my life. Anything under 10 miles is short actually. Sick, isn't it?

2 comments:

Aldi26 said...

Yes, it is sick that you think 10 miles is short! :)

Amy said...

I think the same thing and yes it is crazy!