What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Saturday & Sunday

Legs weren't sore from Friday's ride but my spirit had been defeated somewhat. Saturday, I took Mike and my parents to the pool where we swam about 4K. Soaked up the sun, evened out the tan lines and ditched the 35 mile tempo ride. Needed to rest my legs for Sunday's 16.5 mile run.

Celebrated the 4th of July with an old college friend - in fact, we weren't really friends back then but thanks to Facebook and triathlon, we are going to become very good "old" friends.

Woke up this morning and was ready for my run. Felt good - weather was perfect and legs were working. Ran 16.5m in just under 2:39. Not fabulous but not too shabby either. I am really psyched for stabilizer/race week. Boulder Peak in 1 week. Woohoo!! Finished off the weekend with a free concert at Red Rocks - the Denver Symphony Orchestra. It was awesome!

No comments: