What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, August 2, 2009

13 mile run

After a really fun 36 hours with Dana and family, it was time to get back to business. They rolled out at 6am and fortunately for me, I was able to go back to sleep and get some more rest. Been having a rough go of it sleep-wise this summer. I think I am overly tired and simply can't stay asleep. I wish there was some type of sleep camp that I could go to and catch up on the countless hours I need to feel fully rested. *sigh*

Had a really good run this morning - nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not extraordinary but solid. At this point, that's all I could hope for. This upcoming week is race week so no day off tomorrow. That won't come until Friday and at this point, I feel like all my workouts are critical so I need/want to get them in and won't be skipping too many. In reality, my fitness is there but I tend to start to feel "lazy and fat" when the workouts start to decrease and we get closer to taper... Let the mind games begin!

No comments: