What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tempo Run

Dragged my butt out of bed at 5am so I could run 5 miles before work. Piece of cake actually as I haven't been sleeping well and there's nothing worse then lying in bed *wide awake* when you should be sleeping. Don't much like setting out when it's still dark but I don't really have a choice. It was a cool morning and I could already tell it was going to be a beautiful day. Ran 3 miles tempo aka as fast as I wanted to before coming back to collect dog #1 for a mile. Luna is MUCH easier to run with than Willow so I picked up Luna first. At least the sun was up for our part of the run. and of course Luna has to poop within 5 minutes so I got stuck carrying that bag around. Ugh. Dropped her off and picked up dog #2. Willow is kind of an idiot when it comes to walking/running on the leash right now. She is all over the place, zig-zagging and constantly trying to chew her leash. It becomes an all out tug-of-war. However, I tried to keep the focus and "run" with her for a mile as well. I think she runs 2 miles the way she monopolizes the sidewalk and grass but that's ok because she'll be more tired that way. 18 days until Ironman.

No comments: