What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, September 3, 2009

18 Mile "endurance ride"

Gosh, this taper is tough is awesome, on one hand.... and a complete mind f**k on the other. We're trying to eat enough to keep us fueled but not too much because we are not training nearly the amount of hours we have been for the past 25 weeks. I am trying desperately to embrace the taper. Mike calls it the "taper goblin." I'm also struggling with some silly internal self-esteem stuff. Waste of time really but for whatever reason, I tend to have some demons that creep up when I least expect it. Thankfully it has nothing to do with Ironman but all the same, it's ANNOYING!

Haven't ridden the bike since last week's 125 mile ride so it felt great to just get out there and spin. No pressure. With no heart rate monitor or watch, I headed out and simply enjoyed myself. I can't believe Ironman is just in 10 days.

No comments: