What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, September 5, 2009

20/3 Brick

We had some friends over for dinner last night and then I trekked over to DIA to pick up my dear friend Kimmers from the airport. She had flown in from Arizona and I was so excited to see her. She is one of the most grounded people I know and exactly who I needed to see at this time! We have been friends for over 10 years and she knows more about me than anyone I know. She has been me with through all the ups and all the downs and I just miss her so much. She has a sick love for Arizona and the "dry heat." We didn't get to bed until after midnight as we chatted, ate baked Cheetos and enjoyed some time alone. She is one of the very few people who "get me."

Woke up early (about 6am) and desperately tried to fall back asleep but no luck. Got up, made some coffee, ate and got ready for my brick. It was a sunny morning as I made my way out towards the flat irons. Had a nice bike ride again - nothing fast and without HR monitor or watch. Just me and my bike. Came home, changed and ran 3 whole miles! I felt like crap around mile 2 and walked a little bit. Just the taper junk that we all experience. Trying to maintain a positive attitude. Ready for Wisconsin. 8 days until Ironman.

No comments: