What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2450 meter swim

It felt so good to get back in the water. Wasn’t sure how I was going to feel after the marathon, but there was no more putting off the return to training. I need to get serious if I want to have a great race in Florida. It was quite refreshing to be swimming again as I have sworn off running for the rest of the week. I shared the lane with a guy I work with who has just gotten into triathlon this summer. He is ridiculously fast and I keep urging him on towards the longer distance stuff all summer. He’s already got 70.3 on the brain. Mission accomplished. Afterwards, I enjoyed a nice dip in the hot tub. Found it alarming to leave the gym shortly after 7pm and see that it was pitch black. Ahhh, goodbye summer. I don’t have much daylight time left to train in.

No comments: