What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

60 mile ride and a massage

It was a little chilly when we headed out this morning. We basically waited for the sun to rise and were out the door. I had on a long sleeved jersey, a jacket covered by a windbreaker. I was comfortable for about 2 hours and then it really started warming up. I stripped the layers and by the time we finished it was well into the 80s. What a crazy place Colorado is in the fall.

The ride was good. I felt strong early on but quickly started to fade around mile 40. I had nothing in the legs. However, I kept pedaling, kept moving forward. Next weekend is the big brick. I just need to spend some time mentally preparing for that. Thankfully I have 7 days.

Got a massage at 2pm from a guy that Mike and I met after the Boulder Marathon last weekend. Jess is out of the country and I was desperate for some TLC. He worked the hell out of my IT bands and spent the entire hour working on my legs. I walked away with new ones. He's a solid back-up to Magic Hands but I will be very happy when she gets home from India. Not only because she takes such good care of my body but because she's really good for my soul.

No comments: