What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovering.

5 days post Ironman. What have I been up to? Well. NOT MUCH. My body feels great. I am starting to get antsy to get moving again though. How is that possible? I think I’m deranged. Or at the very least, nuts. Everyone else I know is enjoying the rest. Don’t get me wrong, I need it. However, I think I am just one of those people that need the endorphins to keep my brain and mood swings at bay. Sooooo, I did something, well...crazy. I registered for the Boulder Marathon today. It’s 2 days away! I know you are thinking how in the hell is she able to run a marathon just one week after an Ironman. I’ll tell you how. sheer. stubborn. will. It won’t be pretty. But it doesn’t have to be. When I talked to Coach Craig about it, I asked him, do YOU think I’m crazy? He replied, “No way. I think you’re Kristina and if anyone can do this it’s YOU.” So, I am going to test my limits. Let’s just see how far mind over matter really works. I’m curious. Aren’t you?

No comments: