What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, October 1, 2009

14 mile run, take 2. Action!

With a little encouragement and a lot of love from Mike, I was feeling much better about tonight's run. I needed the day off yesterday. In many ways. My head has been congested for almost 2 weeks but it's not a cold. Allergies? Sinus infection? I'll find out tomorrow when I go to the doctor. At any rate, I felt OK to attempt my run again and Mike was going to keep me company for the first half. I don't think I could have done it without his help. We weren't running any speedy pace - my legs felt dead but I was happy. Something I haven't been for the last few days of training. It was cold and windy but I didn't really notice it too much as we chatted along.

I dropped Mike off and picked up the pace a little on my second loop. Weather actually felt like it was warming up despite the setting of the sun. Legs were feeling ok, feet were still sore. I managed to negative split the run by 2 minutes and was really pleased with that. Now it's time for pizza and Grey's Anatomy. I love Thursdays!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love Thursday's too....you are a rock star.