What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Counting down...

Woke up bright and early and was very pleasantly surprised when I let the dogs out. It was warm! I knew today would be a wonderful day. Did some chores around the house and had a leisurely morning before heading to the pool for an easy breezy 1900 meter swim. It went by quickly and I felt good, really working on my catch.

A few hours later, after my sweet husband had fully cleaned, de-greased and lubed up my bike, we headed out together for a quick ride. It was pretty windy as we headed out towards the Flat Irons. We made a quick pit stop at the local bike shop to have my cleats placement checked on my new cycling shoes. Yes, I succumbed to Mike's rave reviews on the Bontrager Hilo's. It's pretty cool to be able to check out my reflection at any time while riding though. Mustn't ever forget my lipgloss now... They're super comfy- really lightweight and much wider than the Specialized's I have worn (out) for 3 seasons.

The bike is now broken down and packed up in the bike box. (thanks honey!) I spent a good part of the day packing everything for next weekend. The outfits have been chosen (the most critical part of my race of course!) It's getting real. and close. and I am getting excited. Everything seems to be falling into place...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Most crutial part is right. I can't wait and am sooo excited for you. Have chills just writing this. :)