What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday

I did everything I could to avoid getting out of bed this morning when the alarm went off at 5am. Snuggled more with Willow. Desperately tried to fall back asleep but the annoying little voice in my head wouldn't have it. *Get up!* It said. *You must run!* It moaned. *It's warm weather, take advantage!* It whined. Ok, ok. SHUT UP. I'm up. Good grief. So, I headed out about 5:30am and ran a great 5 miles. Got the legs nice and warmed up by the time I returned home.

Typical Monday at work. Went out to lunch at a new place in Cherry Creek called Toast - it's amazing, serving insane breakfast dishes until 3pm. It's my new favorite breakfast-for-lunch restaurant.

Got home to find that a good friend had stopped over with some signs for my yard. As I read her very encouraging messages about the upcoming race, I started to get teary-eyed. It was incredibly thoughtful and very appreciated. Thank you Amy and Anslee!

Let the dogs play outside for a bit while I set up my road bike on the trainer. It was a gorgeous evening but I only had to ride the trainer for about 40 minutes so I opted for Oprah instead. I know, call me crazy but Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield were on talking about the ear incident after all these years. Very intriguing to say the least. Now, I am off to dinner with some friends. I know I will get some last minute words of encouragement before I leave Thursday. The nerves are starting to surface. Just trying to take one moment at a time and savor the rest of this week.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Loved the signs. I would have opted for Oparah too....can't wait for the race this weekend. I know I say it all the time but you are going to do Grrreeeaaaaattt (think Tony the Tiger).

RunnerChick said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to hear your report! Kick some a$$!