What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A 13 mile run and much to be thankful for

Saturday mornings... Typically, I would wake up early, get my caffeine on, carbo load and then head out for a grueling workout. Now that I am in the off-season, I do everything mentioned except the grueling workout part. I love it. and hate it at the same time. Such is the life of an over-achiever I guess. I already knew I wanted to go out for a long run when I left this morning. I actually toyed around with the idea of running 26.2 miles for the hell of it. However, I enjoyed a little too much wine with Mike last night and was definitely under-hydrated. So, instead I opted for half the distance.

13.1 miles. It's a fun distance to run. It's challenging and rewarding... yet, not too hard. Hard to believe that 3 weeks ago I was in Florida doing an Ironman sweating my ass off. Today, I was dressed warm (as it was only in the mid-30s) and praying for the sun to come out. However, it was the perfect weather for a long run.

Body felt good. Stiff in some places but that's due to my lack of stretching (bad athlete, bad, bad athlete.) I am also loooong overdue for a massage and won't get in with Magic Hands until 11/24 but she's well worth the wait. Got lost in my music and simply had a wonderful run. I am falling in love with running all over again. It's very second nature to me to be able to pick up, go out and run 2-3 hours without even thinking about it. But now, I like thinking about it. A lot. I am thinking about running a marathon on Thanksgiving. Map out a nice run in my town and just spend the miles quietly counting down all that I have to be thankful for. However, 26.2 miles simply doesn't seem like enough time to do that.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, you are simply impressive. Swear to God. What a great way to start the day and let yourself get lost in your music. Wish I could wake up and do that!