What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, November 12, 2009

9 mile run

After work, I committed to myself that I was going to run, no matter how tired I was. I awoke last night at 3am and never really got back to sleep so I was dragging all day. However, with a gorgeous 67 degree evening, I headed out at 5:30pm with the intention of running no less than 8 miles. I needed to shake off the icky feelings from the past few days. I listened to my mellow playlist on my iPod and took my time as I knocked off each mile. One by one, I fell into a quieter state of mind. I felt relaxed and focused on my breathing and the soft sound in my ears. This run is exactly what I needed. I think I am going to sleep like a baby tonight!

No comments: