What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

gym rat

Thanks to the upcoming holiday, work closed a little earlier and I headed straight to the gym. I am still trying to find my way back around the weight room. I much prefer running or riding outside to the snoring elliptical. However, I need to try new things. Except today. I headed straight for the pool. It's been almost 2 weeks since my last swim and I don't want to skip it (too much.) It's my weakest discipline and I want to keep up with it. Grabbed an old swim workout from the base phase of this past season's training and attacked it. 1800 meters later I was good and tired. Success. It doesn't hurt to be a gym rat after all. but I seriously DO need to try new things at the gym.

1 comment:

KK said...

I'm with ya. HATE the gym. But I hate being injured more so the strength training is a necessity. GOOD LUCK tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and wishing there was some way I could track you...I know, post updates from your phone!!! :)