What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Mile Long Run

Today's forecast was a little mixed.  It was supposed to get into the 50s (plus) but the winds were going to be strong (minus.)  However, I could not muster up the nerve to go to the gym and run 12 miles inside and so I decided to face the winds, head on.  literally.

Heading north, west and east was no problem.  But the 2+ miles I spend running south on my 10k loop was insane.  There were times I honestly felt like I was going to get knocked on my ass or impailed by a tree limb.  However, in the back of my head, I always think that this could be the same weather in Los Angeles in March so I just leaned into that wind and ran harder. (It probably looked more like power walking because it was tough.) It's tiring and can be somewhat spirit crushing but the only thing you can do is suck it up.  It's. just. wind.  I will take that over rain and bitter cold any day! 

I definitely felt good when I finished and was pleased with my time.  Now I need to gear up for a very busy day, finishing up my Christmas shopping (hopefully) and starting some little projects around the house I want done before Mike's knee surgery.  Lord help me at the mall!

No comments: