What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, December 19, 2009

13 mile run

Another Saturday morning, another long run.  I go back and forth on which day I actually prefer this workout... Saturday = gets it over with and Sunday = sleep in on Saturday.  I have so much to do tomorrow to get ready for next week though so I wanted to "get it over with" today. 


What a beautiful, crisp, sunny Colorado winter morning.  It was 28 degrees when I headed out around 8:30am with very little wind.  It was so perfect.  I ran a different route today - a 10 mile out and back and then tacked on a 3 mile out and back at the end.  Needed to mix it up a litte.  I didn't wear a watch or heart rate monitor but I felt solid and not sluggish.  I was expecting some pain or numbness in my left foot but that never happened.  It definitely felt like it could start to hurt but it never did.  phew.  13 miles done.  I love running this distance because it feels just right.

It's now 11am and I have so much to do today.  Fun stuff though.  Some shopping.  A massage.  Ironman World Championship airing on NBC.  It's going to be a wonderful afternoon. 

2 comments:

RunnerChick said...

Didn't you LOVE the IMWC?!! I was totally crying by myself at home. Especially when Rudy didn't make the bike cutoff. Tears! Sooo good.

Keri said...

Yay for not foot numbness!

I am with you, I cannot decide which day of the weekend I prefer for my long runs. I like the winter because I wait until the warmest part of the day to do my long run outside, which usually means I can sleep in both days!