What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas and all its fixins

2 days post-surgery and the patient is doing great.  His nurse?  Doing even better, suprisingly.  I typically tend to fold in these situations as a tender, self-less, caretaker but I feel I have improved upon my past [several] surgery experiences and am turning out to be very patient with "the patient!" 

We always celebrate Christmas on its eve.  We are very much like children when it comes to presents and opening them and have a hard time, in fact, waiting until the 24th to dive under the tree.  It was a fun filled evening and we certainly received some beautiful and wonderful gifts.  The most suprising gift of all was my new Garmin Forerunner 405 - a runners dream watch (very techie and geekie.)  I have been eyeballing this for a long time but didn't want to buy it because of the cost.   Mike got a great deal on a pair of them so now we have matching watches. (((aww))) cute, I know. 


Today, has been spent leisurely drinking coffee, lounging in our pj's, snacking and simply enjoying this quiet time.  I have another round of banana-chocolate-chip-walnut bread baking in the oven and I can't wait to munch on that later.  I am going to the gym at 3 for a run and some weightlifting (try to combat the calories that have consumed me these past 2 days.) Tonight will be more of the same - lounging in pj's, watching movies and enjoying the quiet time of our small little family.  I imagine once we have a child, this will change - so for now we enjoy the non-chaos of the holiday. 


3 comments:

Go.2.Belle said...

glad you both had some peace today. sweet dreams. I miss you both tons. xo M

KK said...

Merry Christmas. Glad you and the patient are faring well. I'll be over in 10 minutes for some of that bread! And his and hers Garmins? You guys are officially nerds! (ahem, we may or may not have them too.)

Amy said...

Awwww, I love the pictures. Merry Christmas! I think you're very patient and I'm glad Mike feels better. Love the matching garmins. What color - black or green?