What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Demon


So hard to believe that there is actually only 5 days (including today) left of the year 2009.   It was filled with many ups and downs, twists and turns, loops and falls...I guess I could argue that my past twelve months would make for one hell of a roller coaster ride indeed - there were moments I felt weightless and on top of the world, scared and sick to my stomach, and many, many times that I was having so  much fun I couldn't stand it!  I absolutely love roller coasters.  My favorite?  The Demon at Great America - we went there a lot as kids and had so much fun screaming and waiting in line to scare ourselves to death.  I loved sitting in the last car because that's where all the action was.  You didn't know what to expect because you couldn't see anything but you knew it was going to be wild and insanely fun (and scary).  That's certainly my life, so it's a nice parallel.  You learn a lot about yourself too at the back of a roller coaster.  You realize just how strong and brave you really are (or aren't) and I feel this year's lessons have taught me to be stronger than I thought possible.  I can honestly say it was a great year and one I can say good-bye to fondly.  I am very anxious to start off 2010 with some fun and adventure.  I am not sure what that entails but I have 6 days to consider my options.  Perhaps a polar bear swim or snowshoeing or a 5k or a quiet yoga class?  I want to do something I've never done before - beginning the new year with a strong foundation consisting of some soul-searching and breaking away from my overly-developed comfort zone.  I need to get to the back of a roller coaster...

No comments: