What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Gummy bears. My girls when they're sleeping. My husband's aftershave. Popcorn...preferrably buttered. Sunset over the mountains. Good hair days. Christmas lights. Soft skin. Lipgloss. Extra cheese on my pizza. My nieces. Music.  Long runs.  Rainy days.  Fleece pajama pants.  Fun jewelry.  Baked ruffles.  Mike's big baby blues.  Skirtsports.  Writing.  Ocean waves.  Laughing with my sisters.  Pink!  Summer.  Willow after a bath.  Riding up hills.  Post-its.  Daisies.  Lightning storms.  My brother's jokes.  Brussel sprouts sauteed in lemon olive oil.  My grandpa's comb.  Giggling til I cry.  My mom's Christmas cookies.  Photographs.  Doggie kisses.  Candles.  A clean house.  My parents holding hands.  Giving gifts.  Willow's howling.  Falling asleep.  Ice cream.  Vacation days.  My husband's penguin pajama pants.  Vanilla frosting.  Ice cubes.  Sand.  Coconut water.  Gabbing with "The Aunts."  Grilled hamburgers.  The Sound of Music.  Ballet flats.  My wedding ring.  Pale ales.  Construction paper.  Luna snoring.  Christmastime.  My husband's compassion.  4th of July.  Triathlon.  My precious girlfriends.  Luna's smile.  The internet.  Reading trashy girly novels.  French fries dipped in ranch dressing.  The Kitchen.  Making people feel good.  Clear skin.  Scratching an itch.  Painted toenails.  Memories of Josey.  Spending money.  Watching movies that make me cry.  Whistling loudly.  Swimming outside.  Dancing.  Remembering dreams.  Ireland.  Telling stories.  Making my husband laugh. Ironman.  Plaid.  My dad's really weird cheddar cheese, ham, egg and ketchup melted in hot dog bun dinners.  Quoting movies.  My mom's laugh.  Overcoming fear.  A Knight's Tale.  Buttered noodles.  Flip-flops.  Chocolate Milk.  Sundays.  Magazines.  My wedding day.  Florida in the winter.  Pot luck.  Leaving clothes in the dryer.  Stained glass.  Bamboo plants.  Massage.  Miniature chairs.  My life. 

3 comments:

Go.2.Belle said...

yah.

Go.2.Belle said...

wait, except the hot dog/egg/catsup-ketchup things.

Aldi26 said...

That was fantastic. Thank you for making me smile this morning!