What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Spending some time on the trainer

Last night was the final night of Mike's parents visit and we planned on going to the movies.  I raced home so I could get a workout in before the 7:30pm viewing of Blind Side (awesome movie by the way!)  Since I couldn't get my lazy butt out of bed before work (putting that off until next summer, if possible), I came home and put in an hour on the trainer.  It's convenient and my "go-to" workout when I don't feel like doing anything.  I really don't mind it during the winter either, with a DVR full of shows that I can watch.  I sort of look forward to it (sick, I know.) 

Then, after my in-laws left this morning, I put in 2 more hours on the thing.  I am just trying to get a solid base of riding in this winter since it's the discipline I feel that I can improve on the most when I start IM training up again next spring.  Tomorrow is my long run.  Looking forward to some fresh air.  and then crazy Christmas shopping and house projects.