What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dreams.

Lately, my moods are all over the place.  (sorry babe!)  I can't sleep and when I do, I have the most vivid, intense, technicolor dreams.  And I have multiple dreams a night.  They make me restless and some are so frightening that I force myself to wake up so that I can end the craziness.  I am a lucid dreamer which sometimes makes dreaming fun. and sometimes very scary.  I have even died in my dreams and risen to a place above this world.  My therapist strongly advises me to keep a dream journal so we can get to the root of some of the issues I have been dealing with (or not) for a better part of my life.  She says your dreams speak so loudly to you and its important to remember them, to decode their messages.  So far this week, I have dreamed about being submerged in open type waters, thrashing around and everything was intensely blue...and in another dream I was sleeping amidst several childhood friends in a haunted castle.

Some interesting dream interpretations I have found ... and incredibly insightful, I must admit:
Underwater: To dream that you are underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation.

Blue: Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. Perhaps you are expressing a desire to get away. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind.  Depending on the context of your dream, the color blue may also be a metaphor of "being blue" and feeling sad.



Castle: To see a castle in your dream, signifies reward, honor, recognition, and praise for your achievements. You are destined to a position of power, wealth, and prestige. Alternatively, the dream could indicate your desire to escape from life's daily problems.

Haunted: To dream that you are being haunted, indicates early unpleasant traumas and repressed feelings/memories. You are experiencing some fear or guilt about your past activities and thoughts.

Childhood Friends: To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult.
 

hmm...and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg...  I think I am going to leave a notebook by my bedside and begin wring down my dream details the moment I wake up so that I can gain stronger insight into myself with hopes that it can begin to offer me some concrete answers.  It's so interesting and very scary at the same time. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very interesting, Missy. I hope your dreams have calmed down a bit.

Loved the words and definitions you gave. :)

See you soon!!!!

Go.2.Belle said...

whoa sis. this is interesting as I too have been experiencing some very intense / active dreams. whoa. I'm overwhelmed in their interpretations. whoa!

RunnerChick said...

K- very interesting. I have also had dreams in which I have died. Very scary. I hope you gain a better understanding of yourself through your endevours.

I did have one very vivid dream involving Grisom from CSI... mmmmm. It was very yummy. I wonder what that means...