What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, January 18, 2010

We are family!


Have you ever met a 90 year old? I have recently and he is cool as heck. My Grandfather is incredibly charming, witty and engaging. Despite Mike only having met him a couple of times, he has told me that my grandpa is one of his favorite people in the world. He’s definitely one of mine too!

This weekend, all of his children and grandchildren flew into Los Angeles to surprise him with a birthday celebration fit for a King. He deserved every laugh, hug and moment of joy that we all tried to provide him (despite almost burning his down while attempting to light 90 candles on the cake, perhaps not the best idea.) I can’t honestly remember having this much fun with my family. As we grow older, the age barriers come down (but we still call our Aunts, well, Aunt so-and-so, that will never change no matter the age!) and we are able to truly share ourselves with each other. I love it. And I have discovered where my love of wine and beer come from. Thank you kin. *sarcasm*

It was a special time that I will cherish forever as I know that I come from the most incredible family...and in the words of Sister Sledge...

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight

(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel

WE ARE FAMILY!


We didn't quite get them all lit in time...

Note the glass of Shiraz in Grandpa's hand...I have a feeling I am going to live a long life!

1 comment:

Keri said...

You are such a beautiful girl! Sounds like you have an amazing Grandpa!