What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Last long run before L.A.

Took it easy last night - spun the legs out for 20 miles to get them nice and loose for this morning's last long run.  I woke up before my alarm at 5:30am (that's never fun) and couldn't get back to sleep. grr. I felt ok though, rested enough for the challenge that awaited me. 

Of course I wanted to run today's 20 miler faster than 2 weeks ago.  However, my left foot had another plan.  It started out ok but after about mile 5, things really started to fall apart.  I have been battling some numbness and nerve stuff on and off the entire time I have been marathon training.  Even in my new shoes, my left foot was hurting.  I managed to work through it though and salvage the rest of my run.  Finished up in around 3:04 and my pace was right at 9:15.  63 seconds off of race pace.  I couldn't be happier!  I just hope I wake up the morning of March 21st with healthy and happy feet. 

No comments: