What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

Thank you Mr. President for granting me the day off of work. I love 3 day weekends! I wanted to get a jump start on my running for the week and went to the gym mid-afternoon for my tempo run. It was packed. And I was still not recovered from Saturday’s long run. I warmed up for a mile and started my tempo pace. My legs were dead and my left foot was really bothering me, sharp shooting pains in the ball and some numbness in the toes. I haven’t had any issues for weeks and rather than risk injury, I slowed down for my 3rd mile and then quit. I moved over to the elliptical for an hour, knowing it was the best (but boring) thing for me to do. Afterwards, I went to the weightroom for my legs routine. Hopefully, Wednesday’s speedwork will go MUCH better than this run.

No comments: