What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Almost there.

This was a really good week mentally.  I had a massage on Monday - legs only - and boy did Magic Hands work the muscles.  The first thing I always do when I get home from a massage is look for the bruises.  This time?  The calves.  Tuesday - rode the trainer - super easy for 20+ miles.  Pretty soon I'll get to ride outside. yay. Speedwork Wednesday.  1 mile repeats.  I headed to the gym and hit it hard on the treadmill.  1 mile, 3 times at 7.8mph.  I had forgotten my iPod. grrr!  Great mental preparation though...it was complete and utter torture as I tried to sing songs in my head while maintaining a 7:41 pace.  I couldn't come up with the words of any of my favorites.  not. fun. not fun at all.  Thursday was a much needed rest day.  The weather improved quite a bit for my tempo run on Friday.  It was awesome to run outside without having to bundle up.  It is probably all in my head but I find that it's easier to run faster when I'm not all weighed down with layers.  8 miles at an 8:31 pace and not one of them over an 8:59.  Huge confidence booster!  Saturday was a leisurely workout day.  I rode the trainer for 90 minutes and spent the rest of the day cleaning, running errands etc.  I absolutely loved having such an easy schedule!  This brings us to today, my final long run before Los Angeles.  The weather turned pretty cold today so I headed out later than I had planned.  It was cool, grey and incredibly windy.  I made a point to actually slow it down and just work out the kinks, while I spent my time alone visualizing next week's race.  I feel that I put in the time and now it's about having fun.  Don't get me wrong, the pace I'm hoping to run is going to hurt and it's going to be so much hard work but no matter what happens, I will be smiling and enjoying every painful minute of it!  I'm pretty psyched to kick of my 2010 racing season...just one more week.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Sounds like you had a great week! Good luck in LA! Your plan of attack sounds awesome!

Jen said...

I am so excited for you! Your times are really great...should be a wonderful day.