What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Heading out to Cali

Race week is here.  Surprisingly, I only had one melt down and that was yesterday.  It suddenly hit me that there's about 1 mile "hill/climb" in the course at mile 20 and the weather forecast is warm, very warm.  However, after talking to exactly the right people, I am confident, I am prepared and I am going to run strong, no matter what my finishing time is.  I had an incredibly relaxing massage tonight and Magic Hands has put my body (and mind for that fact) at complete ease.  I am packed and ready to go.  My flight leaves tomorrow at 7am, mother nature willing, and should arrive in the City of Angels around 8:30am.  Twin is due to arrive sometime after 11am and we're going to tackle the traffic and head to Dodger Stadium for the expo.  after that?  rest.  relax. hydrate. rest.  Until 7:25am Sunday morning.  That's when the real fun starts as I begin the running of my 43rd marathon... Thank you all so much for your support and I'll catch you on the flip side...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Go get 'em! Have a great race, and lots of fun on Sunday!

Christi said...

Wow, 43 marathons that is awesome! Good luck with this one and I hope you have a great time!

Go.2.Belle said...

you are awesome. incredible. crazy.
I love you! xo MJD