What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

17 mile run

I don't know about you, but I think there is nothing worse than working a full time job in the financial industry the day before the dreaded Tax Day and coming home to run 17 miles.  Talk about exhausted just thinking about doing that.  But I did it.  It's my choice, right?  I could whine about it or I could shut up and do it.  I shut up and did it. 

The first 6 1/2 miles went great.  Then my shoes starting hurting.  I mean really hurting.  The Brooks Ravena's are fantastic shoes but simply not wide enough for my screwed up feet.  Back to the drawing board.  I hobbled through the rest of the run, managing even to walk some of it and still come in at a time of 2:45.  I am not at all happy about such a slow time as relative to my previous long runs but I'll take it since my feet were throbbing along with some other not so happy areas on my body. 

I need to get my right orthotic tweaked because it was rubbing my right arch and causing it to blister.  However, the left one is perfect and that was the trouble foot so I am happy with a stinky little blister on my right foot.  I think I am going to go back to Nike but upgrade to the very neutral Volero's in a 1/2 size bigger - 10 - yes - 10 people! and definitely stcik with the wider model.  I am hoping that those little boats will mean smooth sailing for this troubled runner girl from here on out.   

3 comments:

Mike said...

Love you Sasquach!

Keri said...

I hope you figure it out. You are a rockstar running 17 miles on a week night!

heidi Younger Illustration said...

Hello, I am the illustrator who's image you used on your blog. I don't know if you are aware but that is a copyright infringement. You didn't ask my permission to you my image.
Please write to me
heidi@heidiyounger.com
to work something out.