What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, April 5, 2010

Ironman training begins

It’s hard to believe the time has come to saddle up and get back on the Ironhorse. I was starting to, not only get used to but, enjoy my leisure time associated with marathon training. I think the part I dread the most is getting back into the water. If I could, I would prefer to wait until Memorial Day to start swimming because my gym has a heated outdoor pool. The inside pool is ridiculously chilly and when you’re as slow as I am, it’s rather hard to warm up. Oh well, suck it up I must.

I have opted for a longer training plan as I conquer IM #4 in Panama City Beach – 31 weeks. With an already solid running base, I have ample time to boost my bike and my swim with hopes of setting a PR in November. I have already decided that after this race, it is going to be my last Ironman for awhile. Mike and I have set our sights on bigger and better things, which includes, starting a family next year.

My heart really isn’t into training yet so I will consider myself lucky if I get to 70% of my weekly training plan until after the Colorado Marathon on 5/9. It’s been a brutally rough winter on me emotionally and I will do the best I can. I guess that’s all I ever really do. I don’t know any other way. 214 days until Ironman…and the training has kicked off with a nice 18 mile OD ride today...

No comments: