What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 2 begins.

Up at 5am this morning to knock out a 19 mile OD ride.  I am starting to not mind so much when the alarm clock starts buzzing in my ear before the birds are chirping or the sun has even opened her eyes yet.  There's something to be said about waking up certainly before the rest of my house, and knowing that I am getting up at my own free will to pursue yet another dream, PRing at Ironman number 4.  When I break it down into the simplest of thoughts, I am not getting up simply to workout to lose those last 5lbs or fit into a new pair of skinny jeans like most women (but NOT the women I know!), I am making this sacrifice to prove to myself that I am worthy of incredible accomplishments and to one day tell my son or daughter "There is nothing you can't do so dream big, work hard and you will achieve incredible things!" 

After work, I met up with my IMMOO pal, Amy D. for a 5 mile run.  It was nice to share some time with a girlfriend and talk about the ups and downs that have become a little too familiar in my life these past few months.  It had been some time since we had a chance to really just talk, her and I, uninterrupted, and it was precious time that I was incredibly grateful for.  Afterwards, we grabbed a beer and some dinner and continued to laugh our way through the night.  It was a great way to end a great day. I definitely caught me some worms today...

No comments: