What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

18.5/4 brick

I added an extra bike this week - spinning out the legs feels really good right now and what a better way to warm them up before tonight's run.  I should have gone to the pool but alas, I pushed it off yet another day.  2 more weeks until our outdoor pool is open and I am really excited (it's heated!  hooray!!) 

Rode 18.5 in a little over an hour.  Quickly changed into my running shoes and hit the pavement.  I felt really good.  Nice and relaxed.  I was hitting a decent pace too.  Ran the first mile in 8:49, then 8:54, then steped it up a little to 8:47 and then cooled down the final mile.  Total time was 35:44.  Not too shabby for back to back marathon weekend legs.  My next run won't be until my brick Saturday.  With a massage on the books tomorrow, I should be as good as new.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Great job on the brick!