What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, May 21, 2010

2100 meter swim

I love Fridays (but who doesn't??)  Work seems to be lighter, less stressful and everyone is in almost always in a good mood.  Today went by quick and before I knew it, I was headed to the pool.  I am not sure why but I love swimming on Friday nights.  While most girls in the gym locker room are gettin' all dolled up for big dates - lotsa makeup, fancy dresses, fluffy hair, I am changing into a skimpy unflattering bikini, pulling my hair back into a ponytail and scrubbing my face faw.  BUT ...it makes me happy.  The pool is usually empty, and it was again tonight.  Ran into a friend and we chatted for about 10 minutes - she just ran Boston and since I just qualified again, we were both still pretty excited to talk about it.  It was a fun way to start my workout. 

I forgot my inhaler but braved the workout anyways.  With any luck, my preventative medicine would do its thing and actually work. 

I felt great and got through my sets and could breathe!  I am surprised at how good I feel when I swim for as little as I do it.  However, that is all going to change since starting next week, I will be back at 3 swims a week.   BUT the outdoor pool will be open and that will motivate me to hit it 3 times a week.  (It is great because it helps erase the stupid triathlon tan lines I get every summer!)

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love swimming on Friday nights also!