What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

8 years ago this weekend, Mike and I were married in Oak Park, Illinois.  We have come a long way in that time, even further in the past 6 months.  Marriage is hard, let's not beat around the bush, but with communication, committment and some sacrifice, it's good, really really good!  With Mike having also served in the Navy many moons before we were married, I have come to admire him even more during this time of year.  I am incredinly grateful to our troops, both past and present (thank you Grandpa and Dad too!)

Today, I woke up early, despite a fun and late last night at Tim and Gina's, and got my workout over with right away.  A 7 mile run. I left all electronics at home.  No music, no HR monitor, no gps. I could have used all the distractions though because it hit me hard, I. am. exhausted.  I contemplated swimming and riding today as well but yard work won.  Mike and I busted our butts and what looked like a jungle just 12 hours ago, is now a sweet, little mecca of relaxation.  We enjoyed a delicious pasta dinner, Thievery Corporation blaring in the yard and a roaring firepit fire... and with dirt still underneath my fingernails, I am ready to hit the hay...

2 comments:

Christi said...

Great post and thanks to your family members have served our country!

Go.2.Belle said...

can't wait to see the new digs!