What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trainer, trainer, 2 x 4...

…I couldn’t get my bike out my front door! It lives in my basement and pretty soon it's going to die there.  Honestly. I haven’t ridden my bike outside since, well, um, October 24th, 2009. I bet I have logged at least 2,500 miles indoors. I am being dead serious. Usually, I am clawing at the walls to get outside, fresh breeze through flowing my helmet, sunshine pelting down on my face…but not this year. I can’t be bothered. The thought of gearing up, putting on sunscreen, making sure I have my I.D., money, phone, extra tire, tools, nutrition etc. What a hassle! But sooner or later, just like swimming, I’m going to have to freaking do it. I am thinking this Saturday??? I have a 30/7 brick and the forecast looks good, hot even- with a high of 84.

In the meantime, I logged another 18 miles yesterday and 25 miles tonight…at least I am all caught up with my tv shows. I guess it’s a good motivator too that all of the shows are going on summer hiatus because now I will have nothing to watch on the trainer. *sigh* Legs are feeling surprisingly good after Sunday’s marathon. I am looking forward to my next run too.  Is that sick?  I just figure, the more I run on tired legs, the better off I'll be at Ironman Florida...just thinking about the big picture here. 

1 comment:

Christi said...

There is a lot of work to be done to go riding and sometimes I feel like you do. However, once I suit up and grab all the gear I find it is worth it. Well, at least sometimes! Continue the great work towards IM Florida!