What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, May 14, 2010

Week 6 already? hm.

Having been so utterly wrapped up in last Sunday's marathon, I have rather forgotten the fact that I am actually training for an Ironman.  and I am in week 6 of training no less.  Although the primary focus this spring has been on my running, I have managed to log more miles on the trainer than I thought possible.  My pool time however is a little lacking.  (ok, a LOT lacking.)  The good (moreso relieving) news is that I started training about 5 weeks earlier than usual... so really, I am only about 25 weeks out from Florida.  phew!  Plenty of time to catch up.

I have yet to ride my bike outside since last October.  Wow.  That's so ridiculous!  I think I am going to make the move next week though (weather providing) and start rolling the wheels on the streets.  I am pretty reluctant this year to make the switch to the outdoors.  Not at all sure why. 

As far as swimming is concerned, I really want to focus on getting faster.  But first, I have to actually get in the water.  I am all about looking at my plan right now but not getting my feet wet.  Although, I am definitely extremely more comfortable in the water ... I have a serious lack of commitment to swimming. I haven't been to the pool yet this week but me and my pull buoy are headed there tomorrow.  Hoping to get in a 2000-2200 meter swim. 

Sunday is the Colfax Marathon in Denver.  I am looking forward to it!  After last week's incredible race, I am simply going to run by heart rate only.  I do have one goal (to break 4 hours) but apart from that, I'm just out there to have some fun...because after that, my REAL Ironman training begins.  Discipline, discipline, discipline!  

2 comments:

Christi said...

Good Luck at Colfax!

Amy said...

You still have more than enough time for FLA. And, hello, you have a hell of a base already. Hope you had fun yesterday - it was perfect outside!