What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dusting off

This morning was pretty shitty.  I was feeling sorry for myself for not having finished #46 and it was still grey, cold and rainy.  I needed some sunshine to turn the frown upside-down.  I had taken the day off from work and wanted to just do whatever I felt like (Insert: NOT CLEANING.) I decided to start watching True Blood - Season 1 and popped my bike onto the trainer.  My legs were a little sore from yesterday's "run" and so I thought spinning them out would loosen up the quads and maybe make me feel better...release some endorphins and quit feelin' sorry for myself.  28-miles-and-a-severe-addiction-to-vampires later, I was definitely in a better mood. 

When the sun came out later this afternoon, I was feeling really cheery and decided to go for a run.  I knocked out 5 miles and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I guess quitting a race 7 miles early really makes all the difference in recovery.  I definitely want to hit this week's training hard.  Failing isn't falling down, it's staying down.  Today, I picked myself up and dusted myself off...

1 comment:

Christi said...

Failing isn't falling down, it's staying down. Today, I picked myself up and dusted myself off...

Love it!