What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Friday night long swim is back!

A gorgeous Friday afternoon and what a better way for me to end my work week than with a nice long swim outside.  I probably shouldn't wait until the end of the week to do all of my swim workouts but I just can't seem to get motivated to get in the water any earlier than Friday.  I have 3 weeks until my first triathlon though so I really need to swim in the open water.  I am dreading that first lap at Union rez...but... *sigh* ...I digress.

I muddled through 2,850 meters (1.77 miles) and took my time working on my stroke, specifically my catch.  My left elbow is a teense sore so I know I'm doing something wrong.  I will need to do some land work for this to correct this weekend, hopefully before I swim again on Sunday.  Tomorrow is a big ride and run and then some fun!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats! I need to spend more time in open water. I hope I get out there soon!

Keri said...

Yay yay yay!!! I am really looking forward to Chicago now!!!